Thai Yoga Massage is “the physical application of loving kindness” (metta Bhavana) and a beautiful ancient healing meditative practice. The massage is done on the ground (on a special futon) with the client fully clothed. Using a combination of acupressure, gentle stretching, palming and manipulation, the client receives a full body treatment that is both relaxing and energising at the same time. The therapeutic effects of Thai Yoga Massage are manyfold:
- Enhances your practice of yoga and other physical modalities
- Balances the body’s energy pathways
- Increases resistance to injury
- Relieves pain due to arthritis, stress, and overworked muscles
- Improves range of motion
- Releases lactic acid and other toxins from areas of accumulation
- Tones internal organs
- Increases energy and peaceful alertness
- Enriches emotional calming and deep relaxation
- Deepens the connection between the mind and body
Many people describe the massage as “passive” or “applied” yoga, taking you further than your own practice.
I offer 60 minutes, 90 minutes or 120 minute treatments.